Welcome to the second edition of the Bright Side Blog, a weekly blog filled with good news and positive vibes to help us all feel a bit better in these dark times.
- Over 400, 000 people volunteered to help vulnerable people during the pandemic. Facts like that really do help restore my faith in humanity.
- Also a big shoutout to all the amazing retired doctors and nurses who signed up to help the fight. And thank you to all the medical professionals on the frontline fighting to treat everyone they can.
- Whilst I’m not a big fan of Facebook (but still continue to use it like everyone else) it was great to see that they have set up a grant program to help small businesses dealing with the impact of Covid-19.
And now some lovely things to distract you:
- Here’s a list of pleasant websites to visit if you need some escapism. (The links are in the left hand corner of the webpage.)
- Need some exercise? Learn to train like an astronaut (great for kids!).
- The Guardian has put together a happy thread to cheer us up.
- There’s a quiet roadside revolution happening, bringing our verges back to life with wildlfowers.
- Perhaps my favourite headline of the week, the world’s fattest parrot is back from the brink.
- Two twin ring tailed lemurs have been born at Chester Zoo. Aww!
On that note, it’s time for some happy animal videos. Enjoy:
Have you seen any other happy news or vibes this week? Did you take part in the clap to thank our NHS workers?
Stay safe and healthy readers, and keep up the social distancing. My thoughts and best wishes go out to any of you struggling with the difficult times. Sally xXx