Here the most interesting and inspirational reads I came across this week! And yeah I’m afraid quite a few are election-related rather than environmental … But politics affects us all and every aspect of our lives, unfortunately.
- The issues we likely face under a Conservative government – a tad tongue in cheek but the realities are concerning
- Dear Prime Minister … From teachers everywhere – why teachers are so fearful of the new government
- 5 Ways to deal with a full blown Conservative government – some of us may be disappointed by the election outcome (yeah me too), but it’s here to stay so here’s ways to tackle the problems
- Don’t give in: an angry population is hard to govern; a depressed population is easy – similar to the above but why it’s important to use our anger for good rather than mope about it for next 5 years. At least then we can say we tried right?
- FAVE READ: Bottom up politics is the way forward for the left – The most interesting read of my week, through my job I’m definitely beginning to see how powerful localism grassroots is for achieving positive change. It seems to be how democracy should be.
Ok here’s some fun stuff to cheer some of us up!
- Weird and funny observations about nature – nature is so bizarre and mysterious, it’s why I love it.
- Gorgeous tiny house – I’m obsessed with tiny houses and minimalist living at the moment, this is a stunning little house, love the stairs, fireplace and bed! Very relevant for green living.
- Why Samoyed dogs are the best breed – I may be biased but no other breed can beat them. I grew up with no less than 9 of these fluffballs at any one time (at most we had 14)
And lastly, all of Europe’s nature is under threat, find out more in ClientEarth’s post and please take action. All environmental NGOs are involved in this campaign, highlighting the enormity of the threat.
Have a great week!